The “Nativity of Virgin Mary” Church in Trestiana is a modest church cemetery, located at the entrance to Dorohoi from Darabani, a parish counting approximately 550 families. It was built in the period from 1879 to 1888, for the villagers of Trestiana, when only 30 families existed at that time. Once with the expansion of the surface of Dorohoi municipality, the two settlements were united, Trestiana village becoming a neighborhood of houses, on the border of Dorohoi.
The church is ship-shaped, and its brick walls are built on stone foundation and pedestal. It is a simple, yet typically Moldavian construction, made of resistant materials and erected through the joint effort of some helpful men.
In 2010, renovations were made both on the outside and inside of the church, and the bell tower was reconditioned. In the period from 2013 to 2014, a fresco-type painting, executed by the painter Constantin Ungureanu, son of the village, was added. It is a mural painting, executed on fresh plaster, in order to preserve its colors for a long time.